In order to move Floridians toward a more environmentally-friendly way of life, FGBC is committed to on-going education about the principles of sustainability, particularly as they relate to the built environment. The organization provides this education in a number of ways:
- Hosting educational events that are conducted by industry professionals across the state of Florida.
- Providing FGBC Board members and other green building experts to speak at locally organized workshops.
- Publishing the Florida Green Building magazine that provides statewide coverage of industry and environmental news, regulatory changes, the latest green building products and technologies, as well as in-depth features showcasing innovative projects and people.
- Distributing the FGBC electronic "Green Trends" newsletter that delivers a monthly digest of the latest environmental news.
- Presenting continuing education and professional designation courses for the building industry.
- Organizing the annual GreenTrends Conference & Tradeshow that offers a comprehensive package of education, product displays, and networking.
- Delivering news releases to media outlets across the state that provide unbiased information on critical environmental issues associated with Florida's future development.
This is just a sampling of the many educational benefits provided by FGBC. Membership is a great way to readily access this information and many more helpful tips on going green!